The Innovation in Europe’s Cities report was launched in London on the 4 February. Throughout 2014, researchers from LSE Cities provided input to Bloomberg Philanthropies on the political and demographic make-up of selected European cities, and carried out an objective assessment of the level of innovation shown by the shortlisted proposals.
LSE Cities is an international centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science that carries out research, education and outreach activities in London and abroad. Its mission is to study how people and cities interact in a rapidly urbanising world, focusing on how the design of cities impacts on society, culture and the environment. Through research, conferences, teaching and projects, the centre aims to shape new thinking and practice on how to make cities fairer and more sustainable for the next generation of urban dwellers, who will make up some 70 per cent of the global population by 2050.
Urban Memoryscapes examines the means by which collective and public memory is inscribed and contested in urban space.
The paper, ‘Analysis of Public Policies That Unintentionally Encourage and Subsidize Urban Sprawl’, is the last of the studies by LSE Cities for the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate. The report is written by Todd Litman of the Victoria Transport Policy Institute, and investigates evidence that current development policies result in economically excessive sprawl. It […]
Suzi Hall gave a presentation on ‘Diversity as urban infrastructure’ at the ETH Forum Wohnungsbau 2015 on Thursday 26 March. The event was organised by the Department of Architecture at ETH Zurich in Switzerland. Please click here for further information about the event.
LSE Cities Suzi Hall gave students from Harris Academies an insight into the work of social scientists at a workshop focussing on the economic and cultural life of Rye Lane, Peckham, on Wednesday 18th March. Dr Suzanne Hall used Rye Lane as a lens to explore issues of social change, including migration and urbanisation, with a […]
- 12 Mar 2015 | LSE Cities Configuring Light / Staging the Social project featured in Australian business newspaper
- 9 Mar 2015 | LSE Cities Priya Shankar writes piece for openDemocracy
- 6 Mar 2015 | LSE Cities Ricky Burdett presented at Mextropoli 2015 International Festival of Architecture and Town
- 5 Mar 2015 | LSE Cities Philipp Rode presented at the Urban Redevelopment Authority, Singapore
- 24 Feb 2015 | LSE Cities Suzi Hall presented at Next Cities Seminar, Kings College London
- 23 Feb 2015 | LSE Cities Mona Sloane presented at New London Architecture event
- 11 Feb 2015 | Ricky Burdett featured in Guardian Cities