LSE Cities is an international centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science that carries out research, education and outreach activities in London and abroad. Its mission is to study how people and cities interact in a rapidly urbanising world, focusing on how the design of cities impacts on society, culture and the environment. Through research, conferences, teaching and projects, the centre aims to shape new thinking and practice on how to make cities fairer and more sustainable for the next generation of urban dwellers, who will make up some 70 per cent of the global population by 2050.
Dec11Easterling will draw on her new book ‘Extrastatecraft’ to chart the emergent new powers controlling this space and show how they extend beyond the reach of government.Nov27Haworth Tompkins’ Everyman Theatre was the winner of the RIBA Stirling Prize 2014. The building is the studio’s first completely new theatre, and is a culmination both of their many explorations into the theatre of the 21st century and of a nearly decade-long collaboration with the Liverpool and Merseyside Theatres Trust.
Following the success of the recent workshop on the Whitecross Estate in Islington, Configuring Light’s Urban Lightscapes / Social Nightscapes project is to be documented in a short film and an exhibition taking place at the LSE in February 2015. Don Slater, co-founder of the Configuring Light programme said: “Our Urban Lightscapes workshop on the Whitecross […]
Nuno Ferreira da Cruz will serve as a member of the Urban Affairs Review Editorial Board, University of Illinois, Chicago for a two-year term beginning January 1, 2015. For more information please visit: http://uar.sagepub.com/
LSE Cities is seeking two Researchers to undertake research together on the ESRC funded project ‘Super-diverse streets: Economies and spaces of urban migration in UK Cities’, led by Dr Suzanne Hall, Assistant Professor and Research Fellow, London School of Economics and Political Science. For more information please visit: http://lsecities.net/about/collaboration-opportunities/job-vacancies/
- 5 Nov 2014 | LSE Sociology advertising for Course Tutor, Sociology & City Design
- 5 Nov 2014 | LSE Cities’ Nuno Ferreira da Cruz to present at Institute of Social Sciences, University of Lisbon
- 4 Nov 2014 | LSE Cities’ MSc City Design students publish publication
- 3 Nov 2014 | LSE Cities’ Nuno Ferreira da Cruz to present at ‘Smart Local Governance’, Bilbao
- 27 Oct 2014 | LSE Cities’ Suzi Hall, visitorship at the University of Amsterdam, October 2014
- 21 Oct 2014 | LSE Cities’ Nuno Ferreira da Cruz’s paper to be presented at ICEGOV 2014
- 14 Oct 2014 | Ramses: European Climate Adapatation Conference 2015