Shaping Cities in an Urban Age is the third in the series. Previous titles include Living in the Endless City (2011) and The Endless City (2007).The 17th Urban Age conference will focus on the development of cities in rapidly urbanising countries, convening urban experts, policymakers and practitioners from sub-Saharan Africa and other world cities.
LSE Cities will provide comparative research on metropolitan governance, economic development, social cohesion, gender equality, sustainability, and quality of life.Oct10Best-selling author Eric Klinenberg argued the future of democratic societies rests not simply on shared values but on shared spaces – our libraries, parks, markets, schools, playgrounds, gardens and communal spaces.
Over 60 speakers from 26 cities in Africa, Asia, Europe, South and North America will gather in Addis Ababa , using Ethiopia’s urban transformation as a platform to debate one of the most pressing problems of the 21st century: how to develop urban futures in rapidly urbanising countries that are inclusive, productive and sustainable? The conference will raise questions about […]
La Repubblica, a major Italian daily newspaper, has interviewed Ricky Burdett , Director or LSE Cities and Urban Age, on the recently published Shaping Cities in an Urban Age . Burdett gives an overview of how cities around the world are changing. The interview also includes a gallery of some of the images included in the book.
- 31 Oct 2018 | National Geographic interviews Ricky Burdett and Peter Griffiths on London’s future
- 31 Oct 2018 | The Quito Papers a fresh perspective on embracing the urban
- 31 Oct 2018 | The Sage Handbook of the 21st Century City reviewed
- 18 Oct 2018 | Ricky Burdett delivers public lecture on Shaping Cities in Barcelona
- 15 Oct 2018 | Philipp Rode to speak on security, migration and development
- 15 Oct 2018 | Peruvian School wins Mies Crown Hall Americas Prize
- 11 Oct 2018 | LSE Cities seminar series: The Emotional Life of the City
- 4 Oct 2018 | Urban Age remembers French sociologist Sophie Body-Gendrot
- 28 Sep 2018 | Podcast: Launch of Shaping Cities in an Urban Age in London
- 27 Sep 2018 | Three new research notes on Governing Infrastructure Interfaces