Incremental Infrastructure is a research project to identify, design, and prototype sanitation interventions in the context of marginalised and peripheral communities in Delhi.Apr16In contrast to the optimism of the 1990s, today’s democracy is suffering from anxieties at the local, national and supranational levels. How can it be protected for the future?
LSE Cities will provide comparative research on metropolitan governance, economic development, social cohesion, gender equality, sustainability, and quality of life.Apr9James Anderson, who leads the Government Innovation programs at Bloomberg Philanthropies, spoke about his experience helping city leaders solve their most vexing challenges.
Julia King, a Research Fellow at LSE Cities, has been interviewed by Down To Earth. The article, ‘ If sanitation is treated as a community problem, we can make something happen for very little money ‘ is part of an upcoming book about sustainable building practices across India. ‘Building Wise’ will be published by the Centre for Science and Environment . King leads the Incremental Infrastructure , a research project to identify, design, and prototype sanitation interventions in the context of marginalised and […]
Ricky Burdett, Director of LSE Cities and Urban Age, will be speaking at Churchill College, Cambridge University, at the launch of the new Cambridge Institute for Public Policy on a panel debating ‘ Global Cities: Engines of Growth or Sites of Inequality? ’ chaired by Stephanie Flanders of Bloomberg, alongside Jan Gehl, veteran urbanist from Copenhagen.
- 9 Apr 2018 | Suzanne Hall to contribute to Oxford University conference
- 6 Apr 2018 | Urban Age research included in World Bank report
- 22 Mar 2018 | Philipp Rode speaks at Bilbao on transport accessibility
- 21 Mar 2018 | New Bloomberg Scholarships for Public Service for Executive MSc in Cities
- 16 Mar 2018 | New journal article on governing urban accessibility published
- 15 Mar 2018 | Emerging architects prize winner announced
- 12 Mar 2018 | Nuno da Cruz delivers lecture at The Hague Academy for Local Governance
- 5 Mar 2018 | Routledge publishes “The Quito Papers and the New Urban Agenda”
- 27 Feb 2018 | Philipp Rode to deliver keynote at Urban Future conference in Vienna
- 23 Feb 2018 | Ricky Burdett to deliver talk on Shaping Cities in Chicago