Aug20Presented in partnership with the Edinburgh International Book Festival, Spaces for Literacy draws on major strategy reviews both in Scotland and England.The ‘Super-diverse streets’ project is an ESRC-funded research exploration of the intersections between city streets, social diversity and economic adaptations in the context of accelerated migration.
LSE Cities is an international centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science that carries out research, education and outreach activities in London and abroad. Its mission is to study how people and cities interact in a rapidly urbanising world, focusing on how the design of cities impacts on society, culture and the environment. Through research, conferences, teaching and projects, the centre aims to shape new thinking and practice on how to make cities fairer and more sustainable for the next generation of urban dwellers, who will make up some 70 per cent of the global population by 2050.
Jun8Double Vision is a photographic reflection on the resilience of memory in the face of swift and brutal changes to urban and social landscapes, as well as a deeply personal autobiographical narrative linked to urban space in a South African post-apartheid city.LSE is a project partner in RAMSES, a European research project which aims to deliver quantified evidence of the impacts of climate change and the costs and benefits of a wide range of adaptation measures, focusing on cities.
- 17 Jul 2015 | Mellon Research Fellow Naomi Roux presents on landscapes of memory in South End, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- 14 Jul 2015 | Launch of Urban Governance Survey by LSE Cities, UN Habitat and UCLG Committee on Decentralisation and Local Governance
- 10 Jul 2015 | Review of 2015 LSE Cities Executive Summer School
- 9 Jul 2015 | LSE Cities Suzanne Hall, Julia King and Robin Finlay present at Max Planck Institute for the Study of Religious and Ethnic Diversity
- 6 Jul 2015 | LSE Cities Mellon Fellow Naomi Roux speaks at Institute of Modern Languages Research workshop
- 3 Jul 2015 | Ricky Burdett participates in Centre for London event on 2025 Expo
- 1 Jul 2015 | Airports Commission releases final report
- 26 Jun 2015 | LSE Cities researchers took part in LSE Research Festival 2015 event with Harris Academies students
- 22 Jun 2015 | Dame Tessa Jowell, Professor of Practice at LSE Cities, to Chair public lecture with Julia Gillard
- 16 Jun 2015 | LSE Cities Ricky Burdett participated in Designing City Resilience Summit