The International Growth Centre’s Myanmar office has collaborated with LSE Cities on this first step towards developing a more in-depth research programme on urban development in Yangon.
LSE Cities is an international centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science that carries out research, education and outreach activities in London and abroad. Its mission is to study how people and cities interact in a rapidly urbanising world, focusing on how the design of cities impacts on society, culture and the environment. Through research, conferences, teaching and projects, the centre aims to shape new thinking and practice on how to make cities fairer and more sustainable for the next generation of urban dwellers, who will make up some 70 per cent of the global population by 2050.
This report includes extracts from selected publications and research outputs, an overview of all the public lectures and seminars we hosted, as well as information on our projects, staff, advisers, governing board members and students.The Resource Urbanisms project is co-funded by LSE Kuwait Programme aiming at examine at the examination of multiple aspects of how natural resources, urban form and infrastructure affect each other and potentially lead to the establishment of divergent forms of urbanism.
- 10 Apr 2017 | Nuno Ferreira da Cruz contributes to Expert Group on the New Urban Agenda in New York
- 6 Apr 2017 | Cities Programme and Urbanisation students win grant from the Royal Geographical Society
- 5 Apr 2017 | Julia King and Adam Kaasa to speak in symposium at the Tate Modern
- 3 Apr 2017 | Ricky Burdett pays tribute to Zaha Hadid in new film
- 29 Mar 2017 | Muhammad Adeel to present on resource urbanisms project in Paris
- 27 Mar 2017 | Ricky Burdett publishes two new articles on infrastructure and urbanism
- 21 Mar 2017 | Ricky Burdett discusses the future of London with Rowan Moore and Tony Travers
- 17 Mar 2017 | Cities Programme Director wins LSE teaching prize
- 14 Mar 2017 | New working paper published on privatisation in city government
- 27 Feb 2017 | Muhammad Adeel publishes new article in Pakistan Today