Oct12Former Chief Economist at Goldman Sachs and current Minister at the Treasury Lord O’Neill will be speaking about Next Steps for the Northern Powerhouse.
LSE Cities is an international centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science that carries out research, education and outreach activities in London and abroad. Its mission is to study how people and cities interact in a rapidly urbanising world, focusing on how the design of cities impacts on society, culture and the environment. Through research, conferences, teaching and projects, the centre aims to shape new thinking and practice on how to make cities fairer and more sustainable for the next generation of urban dwellers, who will make up some 70 per cent of the global population by 2050.
The final policy paper of Policy Unit 4, co-led by LSE Cities and UCLG, for the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III).
- 2 Aug 2016 | LSE Cities research used in Channel 4 advert
- 1 Aug 2016 | Adam Kaasa Visiting Professor at University of Toronto
- 27 Jul 2016 | Paper by LSE Cities Nuno Ferreira da Cruz published in Policy Studies
- 25 Jul 2016 | Urban Age ‘Shaping Cities’ conference videos now available
- 18 Jul 2016 | Urban Age Shaping Cities conference held in Venice
- 7 Jul 2016 | Urban Age Shaping Cities conference to be livestreamed in English and Italian
- 4 Jul 2016 | LSE Cities co-hosts seminar on the health effects of urban pollution
- 1 Jul 2016 | Suzi Hall speaks at the University of Vienna
- 27 Jun 2016 | Interview with Ricky Burdett on Conflicts of an Urban Age
- 22 Jun 2016 | Speaker list and conference outline released for Urban Age Venice