The Resource Urbanisms project is co-funded by LSE Kuwait Programme aiming at examine at the examination of multiple aspects of how natural resources, urban form and infrastructure affect each other and potentially lead to the establishment of divergent forms of urbanism.Dec5Who makes our cities? Author Cassim Shepard sheds light on the under-reported individuals who work, quietly and tirelessly, to make cities into more equitable and sustainable places.
LSE Cities is an international centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science that carries out research, education and outreach activities in London and abroad. Its mission is to study how people and cities interact in a rapidly urbanising world, focusing on how the design of cities impacts on society, culture and the environment. Through research, conferences, teaching and projects, the centre aims to shape new thinking and practice on how to make cities fairer and more sustainable for the next generation of urban dwellers, who will make up some 70 per cent of the global population by 2050.
This report includes extracts from selected publications and research outputs, an overview of all the public lectures and seminars we hosted, as well as information on our projects, staff, advisers, governing board members and students.The International Growth Centre’s Myanmar office has collaborated with LSE Cities on this first step towards developing a more in-depth research programme on urban development in Yangon.
- 12 Oct 2017 | Alexandra Gomes contributes chapter on urban sensory experience
- 10 Oct 2017 | New working paper on financing sustainable cities
- 9 Oct 2017 | Richard Rogers Fellowships at the Wimbledon House in London
- 6 Oct 2017 | Paper: Climate change will increase challenge of keeping European buildings cool
- 2 Oct 2017 | Executive MSc in Cities scholarships announced
- 29 Sep 2017 | New report reveals huge social value of London’s high streets
- 29 Sep 2017 | New Multicriteria Model to Assess the Quality of Local Governance
- 28 Sep 2017 | Video: Ricky Burdett comparing Seoul and London
- 27 Sep 2017 | Nuno Ferreira Da Cruz to speak on public private infrastructure in cities
- 19 Sep 2017 | LSE Cities to present research at Cities and Climate Conference