The report ‘Towards New Urban Mobility: The case of London and Berlin’ provides insight into how urban transport policy can better leverage new and emerging mobility choices in cities.Oct19This event has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. LSE Cities apologises for any inconvenience caused. It is hoped that the event will be rescheduled for later in the academic year, full details will appear on the LSE Cities website once confirmed.
LSE Cities is an international centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science that carries out research, education and outreach activities in London and abroad. Its mission is to study how people and cities interact in a rapidly urbanising world, focusing on how the design of cities impacts on society, culture and the environment. Through research, conferences, teaching and projects, the centre aims to shape new thinking and practice on how to make cities fairer and more sustainable for the next generation of urban dwellers, who will make up some 70 per cent of the global population by 2050.
The survey attempts to address a general lack of data about how cities are governed around the world and the new online platform explores new ways of communicating and ‘mapping’ urban governance.LSE is a project partner in RAMSES, a European research project which aims to deliver quantified evidence of the impacts of climate change and the costs and benefits of a wide range of adaptation measures, focusing on cities.
- 15 Sep 2015 | LSE Cities Suzi Hall, Julia King and Robin Finlay give keynote lecture at The Sociological Review’s symposium
- 10 Sep 2015 | LSE Cities Ricky Burdett participated in Tehran workshop
- 25 Aug 2015 | LSE Cities Suzanne Hall featured in Architects Journal
- 12 Aug 2015 | LSE Celebrating Impact event highlights LSE Cities research on creating more liveable cities
- 4 Aug 2015 | A comparative study of travel attitudes in Berlin and London: journal article published by LSE Cities Researchers
- 28 Jul 2015 | New LSE Cities research project on Resource Urbanisms
- 21 Jul 2015 | Ricky Burdett participated in a debate on The Possible City at The Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona
- 17 Jul 2015 | Mellon Research Fellow Naomi Roux presents on landscapes of memory in South End, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- 14 Jul 2015 | Launch of Urban Governance Survey by LSE Cities, UN Habitat and UCLG Committee on Decentralisation and Local Governance
- 10 Jul 2015 | Review of 2015 LSE Cities Executive Summer School