Shaping Cities in an Urban Age is the third in the series. Previous titles include Living in the Endless City (2011) and The Endless City (2007).Apr2Mayor Kaminis reflected on SynAthina, the Athens based community platform encouraging civic engagement in decision making for the future of the city.
LSE Cities is an international centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science that carries out research, graduate and executive education and outreach activities in London and abroad. It studies how people and cities interact in a rapidly urbanising world, focusing on how the physical form and design of cities impacts on society, culture and the environment.
This paper provides a foundation for national transport policy-makers to begin pragmatic but ambitious conversations about actions they can take to make cities more accessible.LSE Cities research exploring the relationship between the development goals and the contribution made by new infrastructure.
- 13 May 2019 | Spanish newspaper El País Semanal interviews Ricky Burdett on urban planning.
- 6 May 2019 | LSE Cities to launch paper at International Transport Forum Summit in Leipzig on 23 May
- 12 Apr 2019 | LSE Cities publishes new paper for NCE Coalition for Urban Transitions
- 8 Apr 2019 | Professor Maciej Kowalewski joins LSE Cities as a Visiting Associate
- 28 Mar 2019 | Alfred Herrhausen Gesellschaft hosts second Urban Africa roundtable event
- 19 Mar 2019 | Guardian Cities Quiz uses Urban Age density diagrams
- 8 Mar 2019 | Nuno da Cruz to speak at research seminar on the quality of local democracy
- 22 Feb 2019 | Ed Charlton speaks at Early Career Research Collaboration Workshop on Urban Lives
- 21 Feb 2019 | Ricky Burdett delivers talk in Madrid on ‘Shaping Cities in an Urban Age’
- 18 Feb 2019 | Mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, delivers public lecture at LSE