A Special Project of the International Architecture Exhibition 2016 realised by La Biennale di Venezia. Curated by LSE Cities, it is part of the Urban Age programme and has been developed in the context of Habitat III. It opens to the public from May 28th
LSE Cities is an international centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science that carries out research, education and outreach activities in London and abroad. Its mission is to study how people and cities interact in a rapidly urbanising world, focusing on how the design of cities impacts on society, culture and the environment. Through research, conferences, teaching and projects, the centre aims to shape new thinking and practice on how to make cities fairer and more sustainable for the next generation of urban dwellers, who will make up some 70 per cent of the global population by 2050.
May5In this lecture renowned British Architect David Chipperfield will discuss the current state of planning in London and the importance of finding a balance between development and conservation.The final policy paper of Policy Unit 4, co-led by LSE Cities and UCLG, for the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III).The Global Commission on the Economy and Climate is a major international initiative to analyse and communicate the economic benefits and costs of acting on climate change.
- 28 Apr 2016 | Philipp Rode speaks at UN panel on urban governance, capacity and institutional development
- 21 Apr 2016 | New LSE Cities Working Paper by Nuno Ferreira da Cruz
- 20 Apr 2016 | Adam Kaasa to speak on Theatrum Mundi topics
- 14 Apr 2016 | LSE Cities launches Urban Age Scholarship for Executive MSc in Cities
- 14 Apr 2016 | Videos from Disrupting Mobility Summit now available
- 12 Apr 2016 | Philipp Rode speaks on New Urban Mobility
- 11 Apr 2016 | LSE Cities supports international cities-focused climate report
- 8 Apr 2016 | Adam Kaasa delivers paper in Pasadena
- 7 Apr 2016 | Ricky Burdett delivers keynote at LafargeHolcimForum
- 6 Apr 2016 | Philipp Rode delivers keynote at EuroCities