Incremental Infrastructure is a research project to identify, design, and prototype sanitation interventions in the context of marginalised and peripheral communities in Delhi.The 17th Urban Age conference will focus on the development of cities in rapidly urbanising countries, convening urban experts, policymakers and practitioners from sub-Saharan Africa and other world cities.
LSE Cities will provide comparative research on metropolitan governance, economic development, social cohesion, gender equality, sustainability, and quality of life.Jun18Philipp Rode will focus on how arrangements connecting strategic urban planning, city design and transport policy in London and Berlin has supported more integrated urban governance and enabled more compact growth.
Philipp Rode, Executive Director of LSE Cities and Urban Age, was interviewed by Mahaa News on building India’s newest capital city: Amaravati in Andhra Pradesh. Executive MSc in Cities participants researching challenges in finance, affordable housing and sustainble transport hosted senior officials from Amaravati to share knowledge.
Ricky Burdett, Director of LSE Cities and Urban Age, is delivering the keynote at reSITE 2018 in Prague’s Forum Karlin on 14 June 2018. Burdett’s lecture will explore how different types of urban systems can frustrate or provide more open and resilient frameworks to respond to known and unknown social and environmental challenges.
- 13 Jun 2018 | Ricky Burdett to help reimagine London’s Grosvenor Square
- 7 Jun 2018 | Ricky Burdett interviewed by CityLab on shaping cities
- 6 Jun 2018 | Philipp Rode interviewed by Financial Times on smart transport
- 23 May 2018 | Executive MSc participants share learning in Johannesburg
- 22 May 2018 | Nuno da Cruz to speak on local governance in The Hague
- 13 May 2018 | Dame Tessa Jowell, Professor in Practice
- 11 May 2018 | LSE Cities to host seminar on affordable housing in Johannesburg
- 1 May 2018 | The next Urban Age conference will take place in Addis Ababa
- 23 Apr 2018 | The Hindu features Executive MSc in Cities consultancy project
- 16 Apr 2018 | Julia King interviewed about sustainable building practices in India