Sep15Shaping Cities in an Urban Age, edited by Ricky Burdett and Philipp Rode, is the third book produced by the Urban Age project, a global investigation into the future of cities.The 17th Urban Age conference focused on the development of cities in rapidly urbanising countries and investigate how current models of planning and governance succeed or achieve greater integration between efficiency, accessibility and social justice.
LSE Cities will provide comparative research on metropolitan governance, economic development, social cohesion, gender equality, sustainability, and quality of life.Sep26Shaping Cities in an Urban Age, edited by Ricky Burdett and Philipp Rode, is the third book produced by the Urban Age project, a global investigation into the future of cities.
Ricky Burdett, Director of LSE Cities and Urban Age, delivered the Charles Correa Memorial Lecture at the Designing Equitable Cities conference in Goa, India on 6 September 2018. Burdett drew insights from soon-to-be-released Shaping Cities in an Urban Age and shared how London’ s 2012 Olympics was used to solicit bids strategically targeting social integration, economic development and environmental regeneration. According to Burdett, design […]
Alexandra Gomes, Research Officer at LSE Cities and Peter Griffiths, co-curator of Conflicts of an Urban Age currently exhibited at Arup’s phase2 gallery, will present a workshop entitled “ Turning Data into Design “. As partner to the London Design Festival , Arup is holding this event in collaboration with LSE Cities around the power of turning data into design to shape better cities. Zung Nguyen Vu from Digital Services […]
- 11 Aug 2018 | New article on urban governance
- 8 Aug 2018 | Ricky Burdett to deliver Charles Correa Memorial Lecture
- 7 Aug 2018 | Experiencing Density research to expand with Knowledge Exchange award
- 30 Jul 2018 | Ricky Burdett announces emerging architect finalists
- 24 Jul 2018 | Julia King to talk on India’s smart cities at King’s College London
- 24 Jul 2018 | New article on the Executive MSc in Cities published on LinkedIn
- 23 Jul 2018 | Richard Sennett elected British Academy Fellow
- 17 Jul 2018 | Philipp Rode speaks on transport and education in Moscow
- 26 Jun 2018 | Marco Di Nunzio to present research on Addis Ababa at Queen Mary
- 26 Jun 2018 | Conflicts of an Urban Age exhibition opens in London