Shaping Cities in an Urban Age is the third in the series. Previous titles include Living in the Endless City (2011) and The Endless City (2007).LSE Cities research exploring the relationship between the development goals and the contribution made by new infrastructure.
LSE Cities will provide comparative research on metropolitan governance, economic development, social cohesion, gender equality, sustainability, and quality of life.The 17th Urban Age conference focused on the development of cities in rapidly urbanising countries, convening urban experts, policymakers and practitioners from sub-Saharan Africa and other world cities.
Over 400 people attended the Urban Age “ Developing Urban Futures ” conference in Addis Ababa between 29-30 November 2018. They included over 60 speakers from 26 cities in Africa, Asia, Europe, South and North America. Ahead of what was the 17th Urban Age conference, speakers and guests explored Addis Ababa’s changing dynamics on a city tour guided by local experts […]
LSE Cities provides scholarships for outstanding Executive MSc in Cities applicants. The 2018/19 Urban Age scholarship recipients include Olusola Ikuforiji, Environmental Specialist: African Development Bank; Cecilia Vaca Jones, Programme Director: Bernard van Leer Foundation; and Lealem Berhamu, Deputy Commissioner: Addis Ababa City Government Plan Commission. Bloomberg Scholarships for Public Service were awarded to Prajakta Verma, Joint Managing Director: CIDCO; […]
- 2 Nov 2018 | Programme and speaker annoucement for Addis Ababa Urban Age conference
- 31 Oct 2018 | Ricky Burdett interviewed by La Repubblica on new Shaping Cities book
- 31 Oct 2018 | National Geographic interviews Ricky Burdett and Peter Griffiths on London’s future
- 31 Oct 2018 | The Quito Papers a fresh perspective on embracing the urban
- 31 Oct 2018 | The Sage Handbook of the 21st Century City reviewed
- 18 Oct 2018 | Ricky Burdett delivers public lecture on Shaping Cities in Barcelona
- 15 Oct 2018 | Philipp Rode to speak on security, migration and development
- 15 Oct 2018 | Peruvian School wins Mies Crown Hall Americas Prize
- 11 Oct 2018 | LSE Cities seminar series: The Emotional Life of the City
- 4 Oct 2018 | Urban Age remembers French sociologist Sophie Body-Gendrot