Dec5Who makes our cities? Author Cassim Shepard sheds light on the under-reported individuals who work, quietly and tirelessly, to make cities into more equitable and sustainable places.The Queen’s Anniversary Prize for 2016-2018 is awarded in recognition of LSE Cities’ work on ‘training, research and policy formulation for cities of the future and a new generation of urban leaders around the world’.
This report includes extracts from selected publications and research outputs, an overview of all the public lectures and seminars we hosted, as well as information on our projects, staff, advisers, governing board members and students.The International Growth Centre’s Myanmar office has collaborated with LSE Cities on this first step towards developing a more in-depth research programme on urban development in Yangon.
Ricky Burdett, Professor of Urban Studies and Director of LSE Cities, has published an article on Inequality and Urban Development in Spain’s Revista de Libros.
A new working paper on Integrating national policies to deliver compact, connected cities: a horizon scan into transport and housing has been released by the Coalition for Urban Transitions. The paper, authored by LSE Cities and the OECD, explores the ways in which urban policy sectors are integrated—or fragmented—in ten case study countries: China, Colombia, Ethiopia, Germany, India, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa, United Kingdom and the United States. A central […]
- 6 Dec 2017 | Philipp Rode to speak at Oskar von Miller Forum
- 30 Nov 2017 | LSE awarded Queen’s Anniversary Prize for work on cities
- 29 Nov 2017 | Marco Di Nunzio to host Urban Africa Seminar on land
- 27 Nov 2017 | Alexandra Gomes speaks on Resource Urbanisms at Newcastle University
- 23 Nov 2017 | Megan Groth spoke on values in education and practice at Sheffield School of Architecture
- 22 Nov 2017 | Nuno da Cruz to speak on the implications for transparency in Kiev
- 17 Nov 2017 | Marco Di Nunzio to host Urban Africa Seminar
- 14 Nov 2017 | Nuno da Cruz to speak on accountability, transparency and participation
- 10 Nov 2017 | Philipp Rode to speak at COP23
- 9 Nov 2017 | Marco Di Nunzio to convene workshop at Université libre de Bruxelles