Experiencing Density is a joint project between LSE Cities and LSE London exploring how residents experience life in different forms of high-density housing in London.Feb23Across the developing world, the pace of urbanisation has outstripped the ability of governments to facilitate decent, affordable housing for citizens. Experts debate the policy options.
LSE Cities will provide comparative research on metropolitan governance, economic development, social cohesion, gender equality, sustainability, and quality of life.Mar6Ash Amin, Victoria Redclift and Suzanne Hall explore the relation between cities, migrants and migration systems, a major theme in the recently published Sage Handbook of the 21st Century City.
Ricky Burdett, Director of LSE Cities and Urban Age, will deliver a lecture at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago on 28 February 2018. The MCHAP lecture, entitled ‘ Shaping Cities ‘ will explore how different types of urban systems can act as straightjackets or provide more open and resilient frameworks to respond to known and […]
LSE’s work on cities has been awarded the prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education at a ceremony at Buckingham Palace on Thursday, 22 February 2018. The Prize was personally presented to Dame Minouche Shafik, Director of LSE, and Professor Ricky Burdett CBE, Director of LSE Cities and Urban Age, by Their Royal Highnesses the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. Commenting on the award, Professor Burdett, said: “We […]
- 15 Feb 2018 | The Guardian publishes extract from Richard Sennett’s latest book
- 12 Feb 2018 | LSE Cities provides advisory for new C40 report
- 8 Feb 2018 | LSE Cities to lead WUF9 event on urban governance
- 6 Feb 2018 | New book by Philipp Rode on Governing Compact Cities
- 5 Feb 2018 | Marco Di Nunzio delivers paper on housing in Addis Ababa at African Centre for Cities conference
- 2 Feb 2018 | Rebecca Craig delivers paper on transport at African Centre for Cities conference
- 26 Jan 2018 | Urban Age Scholarships announced for LSE Executive MSc in Cities
- 26 Jan 2018 | Julia King invited to provide guest lecture on incremental infrastructure at UCL.
- 19 Jan 2018 | LSE Cities to develop database for 50 metropolises around the globe
- 15 Jan 2018 | Julia King to chair public event on gentrification in Istanbul and London