Shaping Cities in an Urban Age is the third in the series. Previous titles include Living in the Endless City (2011) and The Endless City (2007).Apr2Mayor Kaminis reflected on SynAthina, the Athens based community platform encouraging civic engagement in decision making for the future of the city.
This paper provides a foundation for national transport policy-makers to begin pragmatic but ambitious conversations about actions they can take to make cities more accessible.LSE Cities research exploring the relationship between the development goals and the contribution made by new infrastructure.
Thriving cities — where people can easily connect with one another and with jobs, services, and amenities — are essential to economic prosperity. With the world’s urban population expected to double by 2050, cities need to be built and run in ways that maximise access to opportunities without increasing carbon emissions, pollution, and congestion. Smart […]
Maciej Kowalewski, Professor and Director at the Institute of Sociology, University of Szczecin, Poland, will be at LSE Cities as a visiting Associate from 5-14 April. His research and teaching works are in the domains of urban sociology, but current research focuses on relation between politics and urban imaginary. His work has been published in […]
- 28 Mar 2019 | Alfred Herrhausen Gesellschaft hosts second Urban Africa roundtable event
- 19 Mar 2019 | Guardian Cities Quiz uses Urban Age density diagrams
- 8 Mar 2019 | Nuno da Cruz to speak at research seminar on the quality of local democracy
- 22 Feb 2019 | Ed Charlton speaks at Early Career Research Collaboration Workshop on Urban Lives
- 21 Feb 2019 | Ricky Burdett delivers talk in Madrid on ‘Shaping Cities in an Urban Age’
- 18 Feb 2019 | Mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, delivers public lecture at LSE
- 13 Feb 2019 | Executive MSc in Cities participant presents Amaravati Taskforce Report at Happy Cities Summit
- 23 Jan 2019 | New special issue of the Journal of Urban Affairs
- 15 Jan 2019 | Lent Term LSE Cities Seminars: The Emotional Life of the City
- 7 Dec 2018 | Over 400 people attend Urban Age conference in Addis Ababa