Experiencing Density is a joint project between LSE Cities and LSE London exploring how residents experience life in different forms of high-density housing in London.Feb23Across the developing world, the pace of urbanisation has outstripped the ability of governments to facilitate decent, affordable housing for citizens. Experts debate the policy options.
LSE Cities will provide comparative research on metropolitan governance, economic development, social cohesion, gender equality, sustainability, and quality of life.Feb13Displacement is increasingly understood as neoliberal urbanism or gentrification. Ananya Roy uses LA to argue that a new conceptual repertoire of urban studies must contend with white liberalism and racism.
On 15 February 2018, The Guardian published “ The story of Mr Sudhir: how to survive in Delhi’s ‘grey market ‘”, an edited extract from Richard Sennett’s newest book, Building and Dwelling . The article details Sennett’s experience of Nehru Place in Delhi, where he interviews a man who sold him a dud iPhone. LSE Cities will host a book launch on 20 March.
LSE Cities’ provided advisory support for a new C40 report. “ Urban Climate Action Impacts Framework ” offers cities tools to better know when climate policies will also deliver cleaner air, healthier streets or faster growth. LSE Cities has previously contributed to climate frameworks for cities under the Economics of Green Cities Programme where it co-authored a working paper on “ Co-benefits of urban climate action: A framework for cities ” with C40. […]
- 8 Feb 2018 | LSE Cities to lead WUF9 event on urban governance
- 6 Feb 2018 | New book by Philipp Rode on Governing Compact Cities
- 5 Feb 2018 | Marco Di Nunzio delivers paper on housing in Addis Ababa at African Centre for Cities conference
- 2 Feb 2018 | Rebecca Craig delivers paper on transport at African Centre for Cities conference
- 26 Jan 2018 | Urban Age Scholarships announced for LSE’s Executive MSc in Cities
- 26 Jan 2018 | Julia King invited to provide guest lecture on incremental infrastructure at UCL.
- 19 Jan 2018 | LSE Cities to develop database for 50 metropolises around the globe
- 15 Jan 2018 | Julia King to chair public event on gentrification in Istanbul and London
- 15 Jan 2018 | Ricky Burdett to moderate Digital X debate in Madrid
- 10 Jan 2018 | GLA funds extension to London Expanding Density project